As one of the nation’s leading STEM high schools, TJ has served as an inspiration and informal model for public and private schools in the United States and abroad. TJ is widely considered a leading model for STEM education, is firmly committed to the STEM pipeline, and believes strongly in its unique role as a champion and promoter for STEM education. The school and its students have created and participate broadly in extensive outreach programs and are engaged year-round in growing and exciting the STEM pipeline domestically and internationally, including via the school’s new JCIRN (Jefferson Collaborative Inquiry and Research Network) virtual collaboration platform.
Since 1993, TJ has collaborated with the State Department to provide a one-week summer training session for overseas school employees that focuses on using technology to improve teaching and network administration. The Jefferson Overseas Schools Technology Institute (JOSTI) features presentations by technology specialists, including TJ faculty, staff, and students. Through this program, TJ helps to increase global awareness, understanding, and use of technology.
TJ is also engaged in international partnerships which have provided the opportunity for cross-cultural academic collaboration, best practice sharing, as well as campus visits. Current and potential future partnerships are intended to promote academic growth among students, professional growth among faculty, and advance international understanding.
- Best practices inspiration for STEM curriculum development
- Guidance on introducing or modifying curriculum
- Recommendations and input on lab and classroom design, as well as supporting facility design
- Suggestions on research projects, with potential for collaboration
- Examples of TJ instructional practices and pedagogy in relation to STEM curriculum and lab utilization
- Supporting discussion sessions with TJ faculty and administration that illustrate and explain recommendations
- Best practices inspiration for auditing systems and processes to track and optimize student learning progress
- Recommendations for after-school programs that promote, complement and enhance curriculum
- Customized, interactive teacher workshops
- Engaging day-long student immersion seminars
- Assistance recruiting head-of-school and other administrative staff, as well as instructional staff
- Virtual video-conference workshops and content-based collaboration opportunities for educators
For more information about international partnerships with TJ, please contact Aristia Kinis, Development Director, TJ Partnership Fund, at email@example.com.