Donating Equipment to Support the Campaign
The Partnership Fund serves as the authorized coordinator for all in-kind contributions to the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology.
In-Kind Donors may contact Tia Kinis, Partnership Fund Development Director, at email@example.com or 703.750.8317 to discuss gift intentions.
- The Partnership Fund Office requests a letter from the donor stating a desire to donate the property to the Partnership Fund, and that they are not expecting anything in return.In the letter, the donor describes/inventories the property being offered for donation and any recipient designation they require. The donor may list a dollar value if they choose to do so.
- The TJHSST department or laboratory that will be maintaining the property will issue a written statement that will recommend to accept or decline the gift, explain how the gift will be used and its benefit to TJHSST, and confirm that the gift will be maintained and inventoried by the department in accordance with Fairfax County Public Schools system policy.
- The department/division manager or laboratory director will coordinate the receipt of the property with the Partnership Fund Office.
- The Partnership Fund Office will issue a donor acknowledgement and receipt. The Partnership Fund will only issue a receipt of a dollar amount if the gift is accompanied by an appraisal or sales invoice (on smaller items).If these documents are not available, the receipt will state that the Partnership Fund Office will send an IRS Non-Cash Charitable Contributions Form 8283 for the donor to complete and have signed. Once returned to the Partnership Fund Office it will be sent to the appropriate persons for signature and then be returned to the donor for tax purposes.
- As stated in the Partnership Fund Gift Policy, only the Partnership Fund Office can acknowledge and issue receipts for gifts to the TJHSST Partnership Fund.